Thanks to a well timed vacation this week I feel like I'm entering 2010 as prepared as I can be. In the past couple of days I've managed to tick off a few items that have been on my to do list for months (if not years!)
- My office is cleaned out and ready to be painted and have new flooring laid when it gets a bit warmer.
- My basement is cleaned and organized, including those boxes that haven't been opened since I moved nearly four years ago.
- All the art work and pictures I've had sitting around the house are either in new frames and hung or at the frame shop waiting to be finished.
- My closet has been cleaned out and all the clothes that are worn out or don't fit are gone.
- I dropped off the stuff I was getting rid of to the DI (Goodwill) so it is officially out of my house.
For the "in with the new," I've spent a lot of time this past week thinking about resolutions (don't we all.) I realized that last year I set one very simple goal, drink at least 2 liters of water a day, and for the first time in forever I managed to keep a resolution (not perfectly, but still a success.)
I think this year I'll keep it simple again - just one resolution - exercise 3-4 times a week. I know it will help with my stress levels and will make sleeping a bit easier on me. It isn't original, but it is the thing I most need to add to my life right now.
I'm going to kick the New Year off right with a little something from my favorite band of all time, U2 and "New Year's Day."