It feels so good to be back and to kick off a new year. I've enjoyed my 2 week vacation from work and blog-land (thanks to the post scheduler for keeping this place up and running while I ignored my computer.)
I routinely set New Year's resolutions which fall by the wayside by the end of the month, which is oh, so, depressing. But I love the concept I've seen all over your blogs lately of choosing one word for the year. It seems so full of possibility and gives even someone like me a chance of making it stick.
It won't surprise anyone to know that when I started thinking about my word for 2011 I first turned to music. I started listening and looking for inspiration in music and lucky me, I found just what I was looking for in Ray LaMontagne's "Be Here Now" - one listen and I knew that my word for 2011 was going to be: PRESENT.
For 2011 I will be PRESENT:
- I will enjoy the life I have each and every day.
- I will stop thinking/saying that when this or that happens/changes life will be better/perfect/right.
- I will be present and engaged when I am with my friends/family so that they know how much they mean to me, and to make sure I don't miss the really important things in life.
- I will be present and productive when at work, giving it my best to ensure my clients have the support they need.
- I will be present and focussed when I am having fun and not caught up in worrying about the things I "should" be doing instead.
- I will work to make certain that through my words and actions I am a present/gift for those around me.
- I will work to present my best self to the world, improving my health and strength while reducing my stress.