When I wrote my last post, my real intent was to share the reason my posts were a little blah and to excuse the lack of photos. I had no idea when I wrote it that I would spend the next several days, as I read and re-read your comments, I would feel so much comfort. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I feel incredibly fortunate to be a part of this wise and supportive community.
Thanks to all of you, I know I'm not alone - we all lose our mojo from time to time. I also know this season seems to be getting a lot of us down. And, most importantly, I have greater faith that my creative spark will come back again and I'm content waiting until it is ready.
I also spent the weekend putting many of your suggestions to work.
- I did a little meditating and realized that in addition to the weather, a busy work schedule and my remodel projects have me stressed out and, that this stress may very well be a part of my problem.
- I sat down and made a list of all the to-dos that float around my head, filling my mind to the point it can't contain any more.
- I slowly started ticking things off that list - it's still long and will take a while - but I feel lighter having made progress.
- I cleaned out a few cupboard and closets bringing a little more order to my life.
- I made sure some of those to-do's felt at least a bit creative - I hung some pictures in my nearly finished office remodel project. I also pulled out a can of spray paint and painted some projects that will go in the office (I'll show you soon.) Best of all this project caused me to pick up the camera - just to get a before photo - but still progress.
- I spent time with family, who graciously helped me move out of my master suite so the remodel can start (tile goes in Wednesday.) I even used some of my new and improving cooking skills to make them homemade ice cream as a thank you.
- Last, but not least, I spent some time relaxing with a good book and a movie.
Bottom line is - I may not have my mojo back yet, but I'm feeling better about life in general and know its just a matter of time. Thank you so much for your great suggestions - I'm very happy to be a part of such an incredible community.
Grace Potter is a new favorite of mine and this song seems to align with those creative waves and dips - at times it does feel as if we are either falling or flying.Pin It