Welcome to day two of music week here at my little corner of the world. This week's posts were inspired by a great sale on mp3 albums at amazon.com. As I read through the list of $5 picks I started sorting it into two parts - the albums I already had and wish I'd managed to buy for five bucks and those that were going on my wish list.
I'm always on the lookout for new music and, because I buy so much, finding good deals is a huge bonus. I'm guessing some of you are the same, so for the rest of the week I'm going to highlight some of my favorites. First up, the music from amazon's sale that is already part of my collection and I can vouch for:
- The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You: One of my favorite bands and albums of the past year, I'm dying to see them live.
- Ray LaMontagne - Till the Sun Turns Black: Not his latest, but an all-time favorite, I'm almost always in the mood for a little Ray
- Sara Bareilles - Little Voice: She just came out with a new album last week, but this is the one I fell in love with, her songs will make you happy
- The Fray - How to Save a Life: The title song was a little over played for my taste, but still a decent album
- Amos Lee - Supply and Demand: This one has had a ton of play in my iPod over the past few years, one of those artist I turn to when I want to relax
- Coldplay - Parachutes: Their music is always good.
- Court Yard Hounds - Court Yard Hounds: From two members of the Dixie Chicks, this album made up part of my summer soundtrack, the perfect pick for a long road trip.
- The Garden State Soundtrack: An older album, but full of great artists before they became well known.
- Bebel Gilberto - Bebel Gilbert: Takes me back to my years in Rio, such an amazing voice.
- Sugarland - Love on the Inside: Full of great songs you can't resists singing along with.
- Darius Rucker - Learn to Live: Former Hootie lead singer did something right when he went country, This album is full of amazing songs
- Dierks Bentley - Up on the Ridge: Dierks did a bluegrass album that even people who aren't bluegrass fans will love.
- Jaron and the Long Road to Love - Getting Dressed in the Dark: Former pop singer makes me laugh with his clever songs. Saw him live at the Ryman, just him and a piano, this guy has talent.
See something you like? You can find them all at Amazon (and I promise I'm making nothing from them for sending you here - just the satisfaction of helping you find cheap tunes.) Amazon $5 Albums
A sneak peek:
Do you have an tips for discovering great new music? Any other sources for finding great deals on music?Pin It