Last week, the oh-so-talented (and funny) R. Montalban surprised me with an "I Heart Your Blog" award. R Montalban has the most fantastic adventures, an adorable little boy, a very handsome husband and I love checking up on her adventures every day, I always leave her blog with a smile on my face. Along with the award she paid me perhaps the most beautiful compliment ever, I'm still blushing to be described as being like velvet. I've also had a chance to check out the other blogs she mentioned, and I can say I'm honored to be mentioned along with them. Thank you so much R Montalban for such a sweet award!
The hard part of receiving this award is picking just five blogs to pass it on to. I'm a mad-blog-reader and have a long list of places I love to check in with so limiting it to just five is not easy. I'm going to try and pick some of the newer blogs I've discovered.
- First up is Caroline over at Constantly Evolving. I discovered her blog mid-way through her project to photograph 30 Strangers. I've been amazed by the beautiful portraits she's created and inspired by the courage it takes to walk up to a perfect stranger and ask to take his or her photo. I keep hoping a little of her courage (and skills) will rub off on my just by reading her blog.
- A Scottish gal, HazyDaisy, says she's taking an August Break on her blog, but still post at least one amazing photo every day. If only all our breaks could be so productive!
- Suki is a beautiful photographer and nurse who posts the most amazing photos and consistently introduces me to amazing new songs and artist - which of course I LOVE! Suki is German and not only manages to blog every day, she blogs in both German and English, and her posts are always thought provoking and lovely.
- Gibknitty over at Urban Muser a NYC girl who takes and posts amazing photos of New York, the kind that make me want to book a trip there straight away. She also happens to be a talented knitter and cook, two talents I'm completely lacking, but I love reading about her projects/meals and dreaming of a time I might accomplish something similar.
- Finally, Kristine, from Blue Elephant Photography, who creates the most dreamy photos! I love dropping in on her blog because I know I'll come away smiling and inspired.